[Python] quick survey of asynchronous frameworks
- Orbited / Twisted (callbacks)
- Tornado (async)
- Dieselweb (generator)
- Eventlet (greenlet)
- Concurrence (stackless)
- Circuits (async)
- Gevent (greenlet)
- Cogen (generator)
- Stackless Python is an enhanced version of the Python programming language.
- greenlet is provided as a C extension module for the regular unmodified interpreter. (spin-off from Stackless)
- Twisted is an event-driven networking engine written in Python and licensed under the MIT license.
- Generator, Python’s generator functions are almost coroutines — but not quite — in that they allow pausing execution to produce a value, but do not provide for values or exceptions to be passed in when execution resumes. Coroutines via Enhanced Generators